My 24th birthday gift from Husband was seeing the Passion Band in concert. When the day came in November for us to actually go I. was. ecstatic. Husband got home from work and we jumped in the car to head towards Baltimore. Even though we ate dinner from styrofoam on the way, we were late arriving. The joys of a Thursday night adventure. We had only missed one or two songs but the place was packed and general admission left us in the top corner of the churches balcony. Thank goodness the church was small... we were still plenty close!
By a couple of songs in, I forgot that it was a concert.
I forgot that Kristian Stanfill was on the stage.
I forgot that these were some of my favorite songs of 2014.
Up in that little corner of the sanctuary it was just me and Joel and Jesus, lost in worship.
It was an intimate moment at a concert that I hadn't experienced in awhile.
The band began to play 10,000 Reasons.
It was the song we sang for worship at our wedding.
One I had loved for years.
But in that moment God spoke into my heart about it differently.
It was the week after numerous fertility tests and I was praying to God for peace.
It was a few weeks after our 1st anniversary and I was praising God for His faithfulness.
It was a strange mix of emotions that led me to that moment where tears came of both joy and sorrow.
Tears of praise and pain.
Tears of hope and longing.
For years I had been singing that song with the heart of,
"yeah, of course there are 10,000 Reasons to bless the Lord."
But that night God breathed into my heart...
"What if you started writing them down?
What if you started letting your heart intentionally search for them?"
I immediately thought of a journal that Husband brought home to me randomly (because he knows journals are my love language ha). It was this beautiful quilt patterned journal that I wanted to save for something special.... this was the perfect fit.
That week I started searching out my 10,000 Reasons.
Sometimes they are passages of Scripture.
Sometimes they are random blessings throughout the day.
Sometimes they are aspects of God that He opens my eyes to.
Sometimes they are God-winks that He sends my way.
Each month I want to share a few of them with you as reminders of all His many reasons.
* I will call upon You; for You will answer me. - Psalm 17.6
* The beautiful redemptive power of God to take suffering and use it for my growth and His glory.
* The blessing of a faithful & loving husband who leads me & points me to Christ.
* For nothing will be impossible with God. - Luke 1.37
*You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek you. - Psalm 9.10
* He keeps my tears in a bottle. (Psalm 56.8)
* I did a mug giveaway for a large blog in November. The winner checked out my blog after she won. Just so happened that she had gone through infertility for many years and she sent me a sweet, encouraging email right in the middle of a really tough day. That was a God-wink.
* If we confess our sins, He is faithful & just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. - 1 John 1:9
I would LOVE for you to join me in the search for 10,000 reasons to bless the Lord!
Even if you don't blog, I'd love for you to comment or email me that you're in on the search!
If you DO blog, please share the praise with us by linking up here each month!